Sunday, July 24, 2011

Little Moments

This week I have been a little stressed and overwhelmed. Not about anything in particular just the stress that comes with everyday life of having two kids. Feeling like my house will never be clean, I will never be a good enough mother, never tackling ending mound of laundry, never being in shape enough, spiritual enough and never having time to myself. I saw a little one of the mormon messages the other day and it made me think about my priorites in life. Really like it so I will share:



Life gets stressful sometimes, but is nice to remember the things that matter most. I am so grateful for my family and for the gospel in my life. I am trying better to enjoy all of the little moments with my kids and not stress about all the little things so much. Today in church we also had an amazing lady that gave a lesson in relief society. She has cancer and has dealt with a lot of sickness and struggles these past couple of years. She has such a good attitude and outlook on life. She talked about how she has such a different outlook on life now that she has cancer and how she is preparing to meet God. So touching, she is so courageous. Brought me back to when our twins were sick and in the nicu. How strongly I felt that nothing else mattered expept for families and the gospel. Situations like that really help to put things in perspective and help us remember what matters most. Makes me want to be a better person and enjoy my kids more.

This last week has been a busy for us. The kids were getting over pneumonia and we also have had a lot of doctors appointments. We also are now proud owners of a minivan now! I really wasn't very excited at first, felt like I was a couple points lower on the coolness scale, but the more I drive it the more I like it. So much for spacious and practical with kids. The kids are also growing and learning by leaps and bounds. Connor is getting so cute and is starting to talk a lot more. He is starting to imitate words that people say. Some of his new words are "whoah, drink, hi, daddy, mom, and drink. Kenna is taking voice therapy and is starting to make a lot more noise. Its so great to see her making progress. She also started taking a dance class which is really fun. Here's a few pics from the week!


The kids enjoying their first ice cream cone! They loved it and both ate the whole thing!


Yummy!


Playing is so much fun!


Dance class with daddy!

2 comments:

  1. They are precious. I love looking at the pictures you post and seeing how well you all are doing. I miss talking and visiting with you. I don't know if you heard, I am expecting my third in January. It was a surprise, but we are excited. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Good to hear from you! I miss seeing you guys too! We definately need to get together the next time that you are down. That is so exciting you are expecting! Gotta love surprises, I've got two of my own.:) Are you getting used to Arkansas? Hey just curious, do you guys have a blog too? Would love to see what you guys are up to. Anyways, let me know next time you guys come into town.

    ReplyDelete