Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Horse and the Dow

So it's been forever since we've posted anything, but I'm making an early New Year's resolution, even though it's not the new year yet, to start posting more stories/pictures of Connor and Mckenna. They are starting to do some funny things and I don't want to forget the good times.

Connor and Mckenna have both started saying some funny things, with both saying words slightly differently. Kenna says "D-wink" for drink, and Connor says "Ninki". Kenna says "Cahnos" for "Connor" and Connor calls her "Nenna". Kenna says "cars" pretty well, but Connor calls them "Dars" - which brings me to the point of this post. He can't quite grasp the "c" yet, so he substitutes a "d" for a "c" most of the time. A cat is a "dat," a car is a "dar," and a cup is a "dup."

Recently I took Connor with me to Utah, where we said goodbye for two years to my little brother who was just about to enter the Missionary Training Center for his Mormon mission (he's heading to Long Beach California). While in Utah, Connor and I stayed with my twin brother Art, who has three young kids. Connor loved playing with all their toys, and on one of the nights just before bedtime, he found a box of little toy horses that he was eager to show me. He picked up one horse and said "horsey" and followed it up with a little "neeehhh" (is that the way you spell the horse sound?). Then he picked up another horse and said "horsey", and smiled. He was clearly having fun with Art's kids' horseys. Then he picked up a black and white horse, looked at it for a second, and then said "Dow." I was really confused - I couldn't understand what he was talking about. Possibly perceiving my confusion, he looked back at me and right on cue said "moooo". I started laughing hysterically as I looked at the black and white horse in his hands and realized that he confused the poor little horse with a cow...I mean...dow.

No comments:

Post a Comment