Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter!






This year was a great Easter, it was so fun with the kids. They are still so small, but I felt like they were big enough to get their first Easter baskets. They were so cute when they came out to find the baskets on the couch! They looked a little confused at first, but they had a great time shaking the eggs and trying to figure out how to open them. Once they figured out the hard part, they started dumping candy all over the floor and fighting over it! Mckenna especially liked the peeps. It was the first thing she went for, and she seriously tried to shove the whole thing in her mouth. Later that night we went to my aunt Nicoles for a lovely easter dinner. It was really nice to visit and spend time with family.
My great grandma Gurney also died earlier in the week. Her funeral was on good Friday. To me it was a good reminder of the resurrection of Christ and the gift He gave us all. Her funeral to me had a happy feel to it. My grandma lived such a good life and died at the old age of 92. One of her mottos that she used to always say is, "its better to wear out than to rest out". She was born in the year 1918 and saw many things during her life. She married during the depression, saw many wars, and also served in the LDS temple for many years. I only hope I can live my life like her. We also had my Aunt Ilene stay with us during the funeral and for Easter. It was really fun to get to know her better and have her around!

No comments:

Post a Comment