Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!


This weekend Eric and I celebrated our one year anniversary! We were so excited because my mom took the kids and we got to go to a hotel and get away and relax a little bit. It was sooo nice to get away!
Man has it been a crazy and exciting year! But it has also been the best year of my life. Over the weekend its been fun to think of the past years events:

May 9th: married for all time and eternity in the Mesa, AZ temple.


May 11th: Almost missed our honeymoon cruise because we forgot our birth certificates. Got faxed as they were shutting cruise ship door. Thanks to my mom, and thanks to Eric's sister, Allison.



End of July: Found out we were pregnant!

August: Eric's emergency hospital stay and appendectomy.

September: Found out we were having twins. One boy and one girl! Dad was really excited and mom was really scared (but also excited!).



November 29: Started having contractions. Went into the hospital after Eric gave me a priesthood blessing. I thought I was just paraniod and that they would send me home. Found out I was in preterm labor, was dilated to a four, hundred percent effeced and had a bulging bag!

Begining of December: Spent two weeks in the hospital in preterm labor on bedrest. This was a miracle since when I went in they thought I would have the baby right away. They originally told us 24-48 hours, and I made it two whole weeks!! I really attribute the reason I was able to stay pregnant to the prayers of everyone around and blessings I received. Thank you everyone for all your support, love and prayers. Also thank you all the nurses for all your support! Couldn't make it without you all!

Dec 12th: Our two beautiful twins made there debut into the world at 25 and 1/2 weeks! The begining of our long nicu stay.




Dec 18th: Mckenna's heart surgery. We were so scared!


Jan 6th: The day we almost lost Mckenna to a very scary infection. One of the worst days of our life! Again thank you everyone for your prayers.


Months of Dec, Jan, Feb, March, and April: babies long nicu stay were they went through many challenges of brain hemorrage, heart surgery, infections, procedures, gi issues tests and so many things!

April 15th: Day we got to bring Connor home

April !8th: day we brough Mckenna home




So now we celebrate our one year annivesary, with two five month olds and a busy but very full life. It has been the best and hardest year of my life! Thank you babe for marrying me! Your support and love has gotten me through these hard times. I am so lucky to have a man like you!

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible family! What a miracle this year has been for you guys. You two are wonderful Parents I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete