Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

A look into the past...



Snowboarding last valentines day

The wedding!

A week before I went into labor

Big blue eyes

daddy's little lady

so sleepy!

mommy time!

our little "heartbreaker"! Our primary nurse, Tamara, made this blanket for Connor with the words "heartbreaker" all over it. It is so funny!

Sweet girl




Happy Valentines Day!! It as been a great week at the nicu. Mckenna has been able to stay on the the cpap, and now they are even trying her on a nasal cannula. She is doing so well, and has come such a long way in the past week, we are so proud of her. It was a fun Valentines day in the nicu. We got to kangaroo both kids. One of the kids' great primary nurses got them really cute outfits and bedding for valentines day. They looked so cute, thanks Tam! Our kids have some really great primary nurses. It is amazing how our kids know and love them.

It is a crazy thing because I was thinking about our last valentines day. Eric and I were dating and decided to visit my grandma and grandpa in the mountains and we went skiing. It is amazing to think how life has changed since then. Last valentines day we were not even enagaged yet, and were just having fun dating. We had no idea what the future would bring! In the past year we have gone from dating and have gotten engaged, married, pregnant, and now have 2 kids! It has been year full of changes and fun. Even though things have been hard with the kids in the nicu, it has been one of the happiest times of my life. I thought I knew what love was before we got married, but it is amazing how when you go through trials and hardship with someone how you learn to rely on each other and your love grows. I never knew I could be so happy being a wife and a mother. I never knew I could love my husband and kids so much. My life has been so full, I am so grateful for all the changes in my life throughout the year. I can honestly say I never knew a love like this...

1 comment:

  1. Karisa and Eric,
    They are so beautiful...and getting so much bigger. I am happy for you and we pray daily for your little family!!!
    Love, Trisha Black

    ReplyDelete