Monday, February 8, 2010

superdad!



This man...is a superdad and my hero! I don't know if he will ever realize or know how much he has helped me and our kids get through this. When I went into the hospital I was so scared and depressed at the prospect of losing our children. The whole time I was on bedrest, Eric stuck by my side and did everything he could to support me, comfort me, and cheer me up. When I was on bedrest I got really homesick, and was really sad to not be at home during the holidays. Because I was homesick Eric brought home to me...literally! He decorated our room with a Christmas tree,christmas lights, a wreath, picutures, flowers, blankets with home,..everything! We had so much stuff in there, we even had to call my family to be our "moving crew" when I went to have my c-section.
In the hospital, before i had the babies, I was not allowed to get out of bed at all or even sit up, and was kind of going stir crazy. Eric would plan a date almost every night to give me something to look forward to. One night he planned a "candle light" dinner and blindfolded me while he set up white lights, decorated a table with a table cloth and the works, and even brought wine cups with sparkling cider, and romantic music. Another night he brought his guitar and sang to me. He would give me back rubs, talk to me, help me with my makeup and and even shave my legs, just to make me feel better. He also gave me many preisthood blessings to help me get through it.
The whole time I was on bedrest he gave me so much love and support. I really do not think I could have made it through with out him. When I went in at 23 and 1/2 weeks they kept telling me I would deliver at any time. I think between the blessings and his love and support I was able to stay in that bed for another two weeks.

Now that the kids our here, he is still here just as strong supporting us. He spends hours with the kids everyday, talking to, loving and holding them. He sends me home to take a break everyday when he gets off work, and he does so much to help around the house. It is amazing the bond the kids already have with him, especially Mckenna. One day when Mckenna was crashing,things were going really bad and we feared we might lose her. He sad by her side, would lay his hands on her, and tell her how much he loves her. The amazing thing is when he did this, her oxygen levels would get better. She truly knows and loves her dad.

I am so grateful to have a man that has helped our family get through this hard time. He is the glue that has held us together. I am so grateful for him, and admire and respect him so much. Thanks for all you do babe! We love you!

5 comments:

  1. Eric!! I'm so glad I found your blog!! All I can say, is WOW!! Your kids are amazing and I can't stop thinking about them, especially with our own little boy on the way- I can't even imagine 3 1/2 months early! (Karisa, my name's Tara and I was friends with Eric back in the day- you are amazing and so strong.) I can't imagine what it'd be like to be in the current situation you guys are in!! We'll definately keep them in our prayers and hope for the best for your beautiful little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good man! I'm glad he's taking such good care of you! Your kids are lucky to have such good parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric - you're doing a great job being a good daddy and husband!! You guys are both so strong and all 4 of you continue to be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such touching experiences Karisa... it made me cry! I love all of you! I am so happy that you married Eric and that he is so supportive and loving of you! It is so wonderful to have a pillar of strength by your side!
    You are both great examples of love and sacrifice for your babies!
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. That story of your hubby and you is super sweet. What a loving and supportive friend and husband. The things he did was so cute and creative. That is love I will tell you. Always act like that, it makes life so fun!!!
    Love, Trisha Black

    ReplyDelete